Far and away from them, from it all. That's where I chose to escape. I was sure I had created something that could sustain itself, could go on without me. I failed. Now my defense is the cloak of objective, detached reasoning. I make precise incisions, nicely affixing labels to each piece. All of their behavior is dissected meticulously and the pieces are categorized into neat little piles. Each pile to serve as evidence for a rather disinterested judge, judging the validity of my theories about human motivations. Almost with resignation, the judge delivers the same judgment he's delivered so many times before. The cold wave of cynicism should, from now on, wet everyone equally. No special allowances for those visible in sepia. The glory of the past is as much a lie as the promise of the future. Avoid weakness. Don't accept it. Don't embrace it. Fight it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Webcomics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
No comments:
Post a Comment